Dental Licensure Information/Applications
Licensure by Examination | Licensure by Credentials | Specialty Requirements
Licensure by Examination
A dentist who has been licensed and practicing for less than five (5) years, and desires to practice dentistry in the State of Arkansas, may apply to the Arkansas State Board of Dental Examiners for a license to practice pursuant to the following requirements:
- Completion of a Board application with photograph taken within the last six months, signed on the last page before a Notary Public. A fee of $150 (check or money order) must accompany the application.
- Be a graduate of a school for the education and training of dentists approved by the Board and accredited by the American Dental Association's Commission on Dental Accreditation. TRANSCRIPT: You must request and authorize the school to provide the Board with an official transcript with the school's seal from the school of dentistry which issued the DDS/DMD degree. The transcript must be sent directly from the school to the Board office. COPY OF DIPLOMA: Make a copy of your diploma reflecting graduation from a school of dentistry and send it with your application.
- Successful completion of the National Board Examination for Dentistry, administered by the Joint Commission on National Dental Examinations (JCNDE). Your National Board card must be sent directly to the Board from the JCNDE. You may contact the JCNDE at 1-800-232-1694.
- Satisfactory completion of the clinical dental exam administered by Southern Regional Testing Agency (SRTA). Results of the clinical exam must be sent directly to the Board from SRTA. For more information on the SRTA exam, visit their website at www.srta.org. Note: The Board only recognizes SRTA scores taken within the last five (5) years.
- Passage of the Arkansas Jurisprudence Examination: The jurisprudence examination is an open-book exam that covers the Dental Practice Act/Dental Corporation Act/Rules and Regulations of the Board. The exam will be mailed (or emailed) to you upon receipt of your dental license application and fee.
- A copy of a certificate showing current Healthcare Provider level cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) certification must accompany the application.
- Effective July 1, 2011, every person applying for a license must authorize the Arkansas State Board of Dental Examiners to conduct a complete criminal background check. Information on the background check will be mailed to the applicant when the Board office receives the dental license application.
- Official verification from every state where licensed (whether license is current or not) must be sent directly from the state board(s) to the Board office.
Note: The Board office will not discuss your application with anyone other than you. Feel free to contact the Board office with questions about your application at 501-682-2085 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Forms and Applications